[yapc] YAPC::NA SOLD OUT!!!

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:33:05 PDT 2012

You didn't ask previous organizers. At least, you didn't ask me.

http://yapc2010.com/yn2010/stats shows 373 registered users with 291
having paid. This didn't count the day-passes (of which we sold a
TON). In addition, Nationwide Insurance, in exchange for being a
Platinum sponsor, received (essentially) unlimited day-passes. We
guesstimated close to 500 people per day with almost 800 unique
visitors.

Rob

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:28, JT Smith <admin at yapcna.org> wrote:
>> toronto had about 500+ attendees. many were U toronto students so they didn't take up the room blocks we had reserved.
>
> I was not aware. I asked around and everybody told me YAPC Chciago 2008 was the largest with 380ish.
>
>> also why not sell discounted standing room tickets? or set up remote viewing from the smaller halls for the plenary sessions? shouldn't be hard with the tech skill sets we have.
>
> Because the university won't allow standing room. They're very strict on fire codes and such. I've sold 20 more tickets than I was supposed to sell just to account for the fact that some people won't actually be in the room, so if everybody shows up we will actually already have standing room only seats.
>

>> what i am impressed with is how fast tickets sold including the classes. 6 weeks to go and 400+ sold.
>
> Thanks.
>

>> now, many of you will want to come to the arrival dinner. remember to sign up on the wiki page (http://act.yapcna.org/2012/wiki?node=Arrival%20Dinner). read up on the venue and menu. i am working on getting some sort of drink discount special too.
>

> Once you have all of the details worked out, including drink specials, please let me know and I'll promote it on the blog.
>

>> thanx,
>>
>> uri

Thanks,
Rob Kinyon