[yapc] Room update

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Mon May 23 20:28:26 PDT 2011

  CN> We're currently working with the resort to resolve the issue of
  CN> booking rooms. We've made contact with them and their advice is to
  CN> call 800-733-3211 to reach in-house reservations or to leave
  CN> voicemail messages, or email reservation inquiries to
  CN> reservations at hulsinghotels.com. Further, waiting until next
  CN> Tuesday when the resort can reassess the inventory might be the
  CN> best course of action.
  >>
  >> can you also give them a clue as they need one. i was asked if i wanted
  >> an email of my confirmation and i said yes. it was a gif of scan of the
  >> printed page! then i said can you please make a pdf or plain text so i
  >> can cut/paste text from it. guess what i got? a pdf of the SAME gif!
  >>
  >> also i had to reserve one of the deluxe king rooms so i may be able to
  >> offer couch/floor space to someone who wants to rent it from me.

  A> I called them a few days ago, as I had made (some months ago) a regular
  A> reservation using their website, and I wanted to get the special rate
  A> as well. Front desk transferred me to their reservations deparment, I
  A> explained what I wanted, gave my reservation number, and the TPF code;
  A> they asked me what TPF stands for, and they changed my reservation.

  A> All done in less than 5 minutes.

it wasn't a long call to make my reservation at the front desk. i just
wanted some text of the confirmation info so i can paste it
elsewhere. was that too much to ask for?

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------
---------  Gourmet Hot Cocoa Mix  ----  http://bestfriendscocoa.com ---------