[yapc] Room update

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Mon May 23 18:08:08 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 08:56:41PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:

>   CN> We're currently working with the resort to resolve the issue of
>   CN> booking rooms. We've made contact with them and their advice is to
>   CN> call 800-733-3211 to reach in-house reservations or to leave
>   CN> voicemail messages, or email reservation inquiries to
>   CN> reservations at hulsinghotels.com. Further, waiting until next
>   CN> Tuesday when the resort can reassess the inventory might be the
>   CN> best course of action.
>
> can you also give them a clue as they need one. i was asked if i wanted
> an email of my confirmation and i said yes. it was a gif of scan of the
> printed page! then i said can you please make a pdf or plain text so i
> can cut/paste text from it. guess what i got? a pdf of the SAME gif!
>
> also i had to reserve one of the deluxe king rooms so i may be able to
> offer couch/floor space to someone who wants to rent it from me.

I called them a few days ago, as I had made (some months ago) a regular
reservation using their website, and I wanted to get the special rate
as well. Front desk transferred me to their reservations deparment, I
explained what I wanted, gave my reservation number, and the TPF code;
they asked me what TPF stands for, and they changed my reservation.

All done in less than 5 minutes.

Abigail