[yapc] No Room at the Inn?

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Fri May 20 15:05:09 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Tommy Stanton <tommystanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just called the hotel and updated the wiki. [0]  With today being
>> the last day to book a room at the $98 rate, it looks like Sunday
>> night and Wednesday night are not available.
>
> Sunday night is available.  I just booked Sunday through Wednesday
> morning (i.e. not staying Weds night) via the hotel website.
>
> I may be coming in Saturday, and there was nothing available then, but
> it looks like there are lots of cheap hotels nearby.  The issue will
> be finding one that's close enough to walk from.

I've been hearing lots of inconsistent reports all along about what is
available and what isn't. It apparently depends on what line you call
(the 800 number is an offsite call center, while the 826 number is the
local reservations department) as well as whom you speak to when you
call.

I've sent (another) email to the hotel to talk to them about this.
This is in addition to the calls and emails I've made during the last
month.

It is my (current) understanding that while our block goes away
tonight, we will still have the group rate available but we will not
be guaranteed availability (obviously thus far we haven't been
guaranteed to be *told* what was available). I will keep people
updated as to what the story is as I am kept apprised by the hotel.

Thank you all for your patience in all of this and I'm sorry for this
hiccup in the process.

-Chris