[yapc] No Room at the Inn?

Tommy Stanton tommystanton at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:12:36 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Chris Prather <chris at prather.org> wrote:
> We have received reports of people being turned way, and told the
> hotel is booked. I’ve spoken with the hotel, they explained to me that
> they are currently booked solid on the Friday/Saturday (June
> 24th/25th) before YAPC, and the Friday/Saturday (July 1st / 2nd) after
> YAPC.
>
> The Sunday through Thursday for YAPC have plenty of rooms available.
> If the hotel desk tells you otherwise, please ask them for whatever
> availability they have, and contact a member of the organization team
> immediately. You can email us at rooms at yapc2011.us specifically about
> this issue.
>
> The excellent hotel staff will be keeping an eye on the problem dates
> and as things open up they’ll add rooms to those days and let me know.
> We have created a page on the wiki to track this.

I just called the hotel and updated the wiki. [0]  With today being
the last day to book a room at the $98 rate, it looks like Sunday
night and Wednesday night are not available.

I'd like to encourage people to update these pages:

http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=SharedDorm
http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=WhoIsStayingWhere

I'm currently looking for lodging; I'm surprised by the small amount
of activity on the YAPC wiki.

Thanks,
Tommy

[0] http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=Accommodations