[yapc] No Room at the Inn?

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Fri May 13 10:59:12 PDT 2011

So the great news is that we have had no problem booking rooms at the
Venue. We love that over 240 room-nights have been booked so far, and
want as many people to be able to stay at the venue as possible.

We have received reports of people being turned way, and told the
hotel is booked. I’ve spoken with the hotel, they explained to me that
they are currently booked solid on the Friday/Saturday (June
24th/25th) before YAPC, and the Friday/Saturday (July 1st / 2nd) after
YAPC.

The Sunday through Thursday for YAPC have plenty of rooms available.
If the hotel desk tells you otherwise, please ask them for whatever
availability they have, and contact a member of the organization team
immediately. You can email us at rooms at yapc2011.us specifically about
this issue.

The excellent hotel staff will be keeping an eye on the problem dates
and as things open up they’ll add rooms to those days and let me know.
We have created a page on the wiki to track this.

Thank you all for making this an awesome YAPC::NA so far. Keep it up.
Remember that the Room Block itself goes away May 20th, that’s one (1)
week from now.

-Chris