[yapc] Pre-conference dinner, Sunday June 26

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Sat Jun 25 09:52:50 PDT 2011

  JEK> On 6/24/11 5:16 PM, David H. Adler wrote:
  >> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 09:55:35PM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:
  >> In the meantime, it's now the Friday before the conference and there
  >> doesn't seem to have been a decision made on what to do about the
  >> dinner.

  JEK> I arrived in Asheville yesterday and was able to go by the Lexington
  JEK> Avenue Brewery ("the LAB"), the first site listed on the wiki page
  JEK> (http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=ArrivalDinner).  I spoke with
  JEK> staff there about whether they would be able to accommodate a sudden
  JEK> influx of YAPCite and Perlmongers Sunday at or after 6:00 pm.  They
  JEK> said they would.   They said that if we could call ahead with a count
  JEK> a little while before we arrive, they could devise good seating
  JEK> arrangements.

i had planned on calling them today but you did it for me. given how
crowds will gather impromptu in the lobby we may get as many as 50
showing up. i also have a map printed to this place and likely 3
seats. we will have to caravan too.

  JEK> 2.  Assemble at the front door on the Crowne Plaza starting at 5:30 pm
  JEK> so we can begin matching people with cars or taxis.

very good.

  JEK> 3.  If you have a car and can take people along on the six-minute
  JEK> drive to the LAB, please do so.  (Of course, that makes you the
  JEK> "designated driver.")

  JEK> 5.  Recommend bringing cash to make it easier to split cab fares and
  JEK> dinner tabs.

always good for large group dinners

i am signed up on the wiki for the arrival dinner and LAB is my choice too.

thanx,

Uri Guttman  --  uri AT perlhunter DOT com  ---  http://www.perlhunter.com --
------------  Perl Developer Recruiting and  Placement Services -------------
-----  Perl Code Review, Architecture, Development, Training, Support -------