[yapc] Plain Black is Hiring

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Wed Dec 28 01:00:03 PST 2011

If you’re looking to break in to web development, and have a chance to work
on some of the coolest web apps in the Perl world, Plain_Black is hiring 2
developers. Here’s the job description:
[http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvawrJCnY1qj3ax1.png]
Plain Black is hiring and we’re looking for a geek like you. Not your average
geek, but someone who wears GEEK as a badge. Someone who breathes Perl, and
drinks Linux. A geek who knows that there’s more you can do with SSH than
just open a terminal to a remote box. Someone who believes that Internet access
is not just a human right, but that it’s as important as air, water, and
shelter. If we’ve described you, then please apply.

You must be able to:
    * Work independently or as a member of a team.
    * Be self-motivated.
    * Write modern Perl, not chicken scratch Perl, and be able to explain the
      difference.
    * Use and abuse relational databases like MySQL.
    * Be comfortable with common tools like Bash, Git, Nginx, Apache, and Vim.
    * Know common web development technologies like Javascript, CSS, HTML.
    * Prove U.S. Citizenship, as we do a lot of work for the Federal
      Government.

It would be nice if you:
    * Have experience with Perl web development including one or more of:
      WebGUI, Plack, Catalyst, Dancer, or Mojolicious.
    * Have experience with one or more modern Javascript frameworks like
      jQuery, YUI, or Dojo.
    * Live in Madison, or at least Wisconsin, or be willing to relocate.
      Relocation expenses are available.

In return we’ll provide you with:
    * Gainful employment with a salary of around $50,000 per year.
    * 100% fully paid medical and dental coverage.
    * Profit sharing.
    * A brand new high-end MacBook Pro.
    * Ultra flexible paid time off, up to four weeks per year to start.
    * An expense account.
    * On the job training.
    * An ultra-flexible work schedule.
    * The freedom to telecommute from anywhere.
    * Automatic annual cost of living increases, in addition to any other
      raises or bonuses you earn.
Contact jt at plainblack.com with your resume to apply.