[yapc] BOF - local perl monger meeting attendance

Jesse Thompson jesserthompson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:23:46 PDT 2010

On 06/23/2010 09:12 AM, Todd Rinaldo wrote:
> houston.pm has in the past struggled to maintain attendance at monthly
> meetings. Would anyone be interested in meeting for lunch today to
> discuss your successes/failures with getting attendance up at your
> local perl monger meetings?

I missed this BOF :-(

Madison.pm attendance can be attributed to JT Smith's efforts in
organizing meetings.  Also, it doesn't hurt that he is known for paying
for food and beer.  :-)

I was pondering the idea of creating a local $work.pm.  This might not
work for small development shops, but it would be especially useful for
large organizations - such as a university, or a even large division of
an organization - where there are disparate perl programmers that would
benefit from a perl mongers group but don't think to ever attend.  I
haven't worked up the courage, or found a topic, to present anything at
Madison.pm, but perhaps a $work.pm would help me to vet topics and
practice presenting.  Ideally, a $work.pm would help make people more
aware of the existence and the value of the local City.pm