[yapc] Pre Conference Dinner

Heath Bair chairman at yapc2010.com
Fri Jun 4 05:25:48 PDT 2010

These places are in a trendy area called "The short north" (5th ave to
670).  This is full of stores, restaurants and different kinds of
"mom-n-pop" places.  I have never eaten at either but my co-workers
say they are both very good, but Brazenhead is more upscale and and a
little on the expensive side.

>From the dorms Brazenhead is about a mile and a half walk (way off
high street) (30 minutes). SurlyGirl is a mile walk at about 20
minutes.  Also SurlyGirl being right on High Street there are several
bus lines that run up and down all day.

So if I would make the call between the two of them I would go with SurlyGirl.

Heath

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Casey West <casey at geeknest.com> wrote:
> I'm told this place is great for a drink: http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com/
> Also here: http://www.hdrestaurants.com/brazenhead/5thavenue/
> Not a local,
> --
> Casey West
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Joshua <joshua.mcadams at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I haven't noticed any chatter about a pre-conference dinner for
>> YAPC::NA on the 20th. Has anyone started planning for the dinner? If
>> not, any locals have suggestions for a venue?

Heath
Cell:  (440) 289-9820