[yapc] monday night at the movies

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Fri Jun 19 21:51:45 PDT 2009

yes, we are having a movie night at yapc10. it will be monday night at
8pm in mcconony hall. this should give you time to have dinner and get
back in time. you don't want to miss this!

the movie is dark star, one of the cheapest and funniest sf movies ever
made. this was done at USC film school for about $55k by john carpenter
(yes, him!) and dan o'bannon (who later wrote alien!). all of the money
and less is on the screen! i can't say much for spoiling the gags. check
out the wiki page and it has links with spoilers but trust me, you want
to see this without knowing what to expect. :)

	http://yapc10.org/yn2009/wiki?node=MovieNight

heckling is encouraged!

thanx to david adler (dha) for buying and bringing this to yapc (at my
request). you can thank me afterwards for the split in your side. :)

thanx,

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------
---------  Gourmet Hot Cocoa Mix  ----  http://bestfriendscocoa.com ---------