[yapc] Pre-Conference Dinner

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu May 29 21:56:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Joshua McAdams wrote:

>>  WM> Something veggie/vegan would be nice, but personally I'd be happy if
>>  WM> there was at least something on the buffet line that wasn't greasy
>>  WM> and/or deep fried.
>>
>> i will attempt to address that as well. i should talk to the gooseisland
>> people tomorrow.
>
> Goose Island is a brewery.... isn't beer vegan :)
>
> In all seriousness, if there is a vegan contingent that will show for
> the pre-conference dinner we will try to make it happen.... updates
> coming soon.

Well, as I said in my original reply to myself, I don't really care that
much since I don't like huge crowds, nor do I drink beer, so that
particular venue isn't all that interesting to me.

I was just grumpy because of pain and lack of sleep.

As someone pointed out, they do have a few vegan things available, so it'd
probably work for people who like large crowds and beer. I'm pretty sure
I'll be going to Soul Vegetarian, though, which is the greatest restaurant
of all time, and my favorite thing in Chicago by far.

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg