[yapc] YAPC-NA 2009 - Call For Venue

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 07:40:45 PDT 2008

Welcome, once again, to the Yet Another Perl Conference, North America Call
For Venue! The 2009 YAPC::NA marks the 10th anniversary for YAPC. Wow, 10
years of YAPC! This year we've decided to try something a little different.
After some discussion and feedback, we've decided to take an approach
similar to YAPC::EU. We're putting out the request for bids now, with a June
1 deadline. This gives the Conferences Committee time to review the bids and
make a decision to be announced at this year's YAPC::NA in Chicago.

Some of the main reasons for making the change include:

   - giving the organizers more time
   - they can gain some exposure and experience with the current year's
   group
   - easier to publicize and start spreading the word with everyone in
   the same room

How do you get started? Please review the bidding
details<http://yapc.org/yapcna.html>at
yapc.org. While there, you'll also find links to the venue
requirements<http://tpf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/yapc/Bidding.pm>and
the review
criteria <http://yapc.org/yapc-crit.txt>. Previous bids and announcements
can be found with the 'yapc'
tag<http://news.perlfoundation.org/mt/mt-search.cgi?tag=yapc>at The
Perl Foundation blog <http://news.perlfoundation.org/>.

When making your proposal, in addition to venue information and possible
dates, please make sure to include details on airport locations, local
public transit (as well as transit to the venue from the airport!), local
cultural attractions, and accommodation information. The more information
you provide, within reason, the better. Also, please include contact
information for the members of your team.

With a June 1st deadline, you have 10 weeks to get your bid completed and
submitted to the Conferences Committee. It's a good idea to get your bid
submitted early so that we can provide some feedback and allow you to make
changes if needed.

Hosting YAPC is a rewarding experience and provides a great opportunity to
give back to the Perl community. Good luck and we look forward to receiving
your bid!

Send any questions and completed bids to the TPF conferences group:
tpf-conferences at perl.org

Thanks,
Jeremy