[yapc] Checking out

Packy Anderson yapc at packy.org
Sat Jun 21 04:47:22 PDT 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 12:27 AM, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:53:06PM -0500, José Castro wrote:
>> I'm checking out tomorrow.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me by what time I have to do this?
>>
>> I heard something about 9am, but that sounds a bit too harsh for
>> someone who has a flight around 8pm...
>
> it's 9am, but I've heard they don't take your ID card, so you can
> still come in
> and out of MSV during the day.

I've inquired with IIT's conference services (in the room where we
checked in
on arrival), and even though my train doesn't leave until 10pm, the
woman
was very apologetic and insisted that 9am was still the checkout time.

In addition, my fiancee just came back from an early morning walk, and
she informed me that they've already disabled our ID cards and she
had to
do a fair amount of fast talking to convince the person at the front
desk
that she was, in fact, leaving today but needed to get back in the
building
because her bags were still in here.

-packy

--
Packy Anderson
packy at dardan.com

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' on a
Web page
appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you
had
very little chance of reading a document written on another computer,
another word processor, or another network." -WWW creator Tim Berners-
Lee