[yapc] special diets/meal for banquet

Allison Randal allison at perl.org
Fri Jun 13 10:34:19 PDT 2008

Uri Guttman wrote:

> well gluten is a protein found in wheat and some other starches. i am
> not sure what you can eat (meats? salads? hummus? chicken ettoufee?
> yams? cole slaw?). i think the buffet is broad enough with 4 cuisines
> that you should be able to go gluten free. i don't know what we could
> order special that was gluten free.
[...]
> thanks for responding. but it is also getting late. i dunno what i can
> do at this time. is the banquet going to be a major issue for you given
> the range of the foods?

Larry and I are also wheat/gluten free (something about Perl hackers and
gluten?), and don't usually have trouble finding something to eat from
whatever is on the buffet. Salad always works if nothing else. The
mixture of cuisines here sounds like it offers plenty of choices.

Thanks for asking, Uri,
Allison