[yapc] Around Club Quarters Central Loop

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:34:40 PDT 2008

> I will be staying in the Club Quarters Central Loop hotel with my wife
> since Saturday. I just would like to have some help since most of the
> conversations here is around the dorms and the IIT :) What's the best
> way to take to go from ORD to the hotel, and what's the best way to go
> from the hotel to the conference venue?

If you are taking public transit from the airport to the hotel, it's
really easy.  Just get on the blue line at O'Hare and take it to the
Jackson stop.  Club Quarters is just West of the intersection of Clark
and Adams.

As far as getting to IIT, if you don't mind taking the bus, then you
can catch the southbound #24 on Clark (same block as CQ) and take it
to 33rd and Wentworth.  You'll have to walk just at a quarter of a
mile east on 33rd once you get off.  Also, from CQ you can go over to
State and take the #29 South to State and 33rd.  You'll be on the same
block as the conference center.

If you want to take the L, walk East on Adams to Wabash and get on the
Southbound Green line train.  Take it to Bronzeville/IIT.  It will
drop you off behind the SSV dorm on the on IIT campus.  You could also
get on the Red line at State and Adams and take it South to Sox/35th.
Whether you take green or red, exit on the North exit of the platform.
 It will get you closer to the conference.

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/ can really be your friend, as can the
Google map's transit view.