[yapc] Linens?

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Tue Jun 10 14:22:35 PDT 2008

Hey Trey,

Last year, not only did they not have soap, but the on campus student
book store (which was quite large) didn't sell it.  By the time I left
(and I came in on Greyhound from Arizona), I smelled putrid and I had
still been asked for soap at least a dozen times.  I think they were
trying to foster the stereotype in Houston that students are dirty
hippies.  There wasn't soap at YAPC two years ago in Chicago either
but I had remembered to bring some.

So, my advice is bring soap as if you were going to Buring Man and
it was your barter item.  Bring cases of soap.  No point washing
yourself and smelling everyone else.

-scott