[yapc] outside social

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:05:03 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Packy Anderson <yapc at packy.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:42 PM, Darcy Whyte asked.
> > Can someone summarize that activities have been planned so far so I can
> assess going to them?
>
> http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2008/wiki?node=BOF%20schedule

Also, there's some ad hoc stuff that happens.  Different groups of people
get together to go somewhere to eat, drink, or whatever.  In Houston, we
tried to put up a sheet for people to post things, such as groups going to
lunches, etc.  I don't remember how well that went over or how much it was
used (I was preoccupied ;-) ).  I'd say keep an ear open in between
sessions, especially before lunch and after the last talk of the day.
Several BOFs happen during lunch and after the talks, and sometimes people
organize during the BOF to go do something.  Also, most of the BOFs haven't
been "scheduled" yet, but that typically happens once people get to the
venue and figure out where everything is.  Probably on Monday, many of the
BOFs will have a date, time, and place.

Jeremy