[yapc] Packing for YAPC

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:27:42 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Karen Hoofnagle <karen at hoofnagle.org> wrote:
> This is my first YAPC, and I'm staying in the dorms.
>
> Do I need to bring earplugs to get a decent night's sleep?  Anything
> else one usually needs (other than a laptop with a perl install, a
> camera and some advil for the hangovers)?

Another vote for something warm at the conference itself -- after
freezing in the first morning session at CMU in 2000, I went back
through the hot June sunshine to the residence to get a sweater. You
can always drape it over a chair if you don't need it.

The residences were not air conditioned :( but someone had the
forethought to provide large fans for each room, which made the nights
bearable.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario