[yapc] Packing for YAPC

Ellenbaum, Dan Dan.Ellenbaum at weatherinsight.com
Tue Jun 10 07:42:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:41:56AM -0400, Karen Hoofnagle wrote:
>> This is my first YAPC, and I'm staying in the dorms.
>>
>> Do I need to bring earplugs to get a decent night's sleep?  Anything
>> else one usually needs (other than a laptop with a perl install, a
>> camera and some advil for the hangovers)?

>You may want to bring some warm clothes or a blanket in case the air
>conditioning is set too cold in the dorms.  I've been to dorms where
the >rooms (or sometimes just my room) do not have a thermostat.

>-kolibrie

Maybe I'm just missing this because it's still morning, but I was gonna
have dinner with my Father on Father's Day (I'm from Chicago suburbs)
and was wondering when I will be able to check into the dorms, are there
hours when that's available? I can check in Saturday, if that makes it
easier, but I'm only staying in dorms from Sun. night thru Wed.
night...anyway, if anyone has the hours when the desk is open and also
if you can check in a day early, that would be great!

The only thing I see in the "Questions" wiki is:

http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2008/wiki?node=Questions
"
How do we check into the dorm rooms?

Each dorm has a lobby area on the first floor. You will be able to check
in there at the front desk.
"

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing y'all!!
DanE in Houston (explains the "y'all", y'all! ;-)

This e-mail is strictly confidential, privileged, and only for the use
of the intended recipients.  Please notify sender immediately if you
have received this in error.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail
is a violation of federal criminal law.