[yapc] arrival dinner votes

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sun Jun 8 20:46:51 PDT 2008

  DEW> On Jun 8, 2008, at 19:37, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> more obnoxious reminders will be forthcoming. set your spam filters on
  >> stun.
  >>
  >> uri, the embezzler of yapc arrival dinner fees paid in gold bars.

  DEW> Hey Uri, thanks for organizing this. A quickquestion for you that
  DEW> might be best answered on-list, if you think they're generic enough.

yes, this is not a private matter and i am sure others know chicago much
better than i do.

  DEW> My flight arrives at 17:06. What's the best way for me to get to the
  DEW> dinner? Should I take CTA somewhere directly from the airport, or
  DEW> should I go to the conference center/dorm, get checked in, and then
  DEW> get to the dinner? If the latter, how do I get there?

good questions. i doubt you will get to the
dinner by the el in time for anything. between baggage claim and the
train it could be 90 minutes. correct me if i am off. if you can pay for
a cab or car service it would be fastest but not cheap. and i would go
to the dinner directly so as to not waste time at the dorms. i would bet
josh or someone could get you into your dorm after the dinner.

anyone have better answers?

uri, the yapc expert on chicago from my one visit at the last yapc
there.

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------