[yapc] CTA visitor pass - 10 "working days" WTF?

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Sat Jun 7 04:43:20 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 10:24:17PM -0500, Karen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
> <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:
> > Just ordered my CTA visitor pass, figuring a week would be sufficient.
> > The confirmation said "this will be shipped by UPS within 10 working days".
>
> WTF indeed: I didn't know UPS even *had* a shipping method that took that long.

That's because 10 working days is their *default* time to deliver
anything. :)

Seriously, given the gap between what the CTA is saying and what other
people are reporting, I imagine their lawyers told them to
overestimate the time to avoid being sued if it gets held up in the
mail for a day or two.

Walt