[yapc] yapc housing - apartments

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:05:16 PDT 2007

On 5/20/07, Dave Rolsky <autarch at urth.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 May 2007, Jeremy Fluhmann wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to make a final announcement about the Cullen Oaks student
> > apartments.  They're finalizing their accommodation numbers and need to
> know
> > who will be staying there by Tuesday, May 28th.  If you plan on staying
> > there, even if you haven't registered yet, please let me know so that I
> can
> > have accurate numbers.  You can find out more information about Cullen
> Oaks
> > on the accommodations page of the YAPC site -
> > http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/accommodations.html, or on the
> > Cullen Oaks site at http://www.cullenoaks.com/.  Again, if you plan on
> > staying at Cullen Oaks (even if you haven't purchased your conference
> ticket
> > yet), send me an e-mail and let me know.
>
> I think I might like to stay here. I already signed up for housing via the
> website, and I assume that's for Oberholtzer Hall. I'm not quite clear on
> how Cullen Oaks works. Would I be sharing an apartment or is it a single
> for $35/night? If it's a single I would definitely prefer that.

Yes, you would be sharing an apartment, but you would have a private
bedroom.  Each apartment has 2 private bedrooms and 1 bath.  It would be $35
per bedroom.  Someone may luck out and not have to share an apartment, but I
can't guarantee that (just depends on the numbers).

Also, I can't really tell how far it is from the University Center, nor
> whether it's closer than Oberholtzer Hall. That'd be very helpful
> information to know.

According to Google Maps, (depending on which apartment you'd be in) it's .4
miles from Oberholtzer Hall (OB).  OB is about 1050 ft from the venue (~2-4
minute walk).  So the apartments are about 3150 ft from the venue.

Thanks,
Jeremy