[yapc] YAPC::NA::2006 wiki down?

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Fri May 18 12:07:48 PDT 2007

Beth Skwarecki wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 02:39:53PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
>> this brings up the point of how every yapc seems to get its own
>> domain. i find it slightly wasteful and not useful. getting web space
>> and emails from perl.org is easy enough (and that new mongeurs thing
>> too). why not have either subdirs or subdomains on yapc.org? we have
>> yapc.org/America but we could also get houston2007.yapc.org and all the
>> variations we want.
>
> Since the year and continent uniquely identify a YAPC, it would be nice to
> drop the city name. Say, america.yapc.org/2007 .

I agree in principal except that "america" is not a continent :)

Since I don't imagine there would be a top level page for just for YAPC::NA or
YAPC::ASIA, but rather for YAPC in general and then specific sites for the
individual events, why not combine the year and continent into a single moniker
since that's how it will be tagged right?

  na2007.yapc.org
  eu2007.yapc.org
  asia2007.yapc.org

--