[yapc] BBQ for dinner tonight?

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Tue Jun 26 06:15:43 PDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Walt Mankowski <waltman at pobox.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  There seems to be quite the little Goode's empire in
> that neighborhood.  As far as I can tell we went to Goode's Texas BBQ
> Kirby.  You must have been down the block at the Armadillo Palace.
>
> We stopped to the first Goode's we saw off of 59.  It also seems to be
> the "right" one, or at least the one with the same address as the
> directions, which never mentioned a giant armadillo. :)
>
> Oh well.  The one we stopped to was damn good.

Uri had a count, but i'm sure we had around 40 people where we were.
However, adjacent to the place were at was another Goode restaurant,
from the mural on the wall they had live music at times. That was the
place with the huge armadillo. Possibly you were down the street a
block or so from us. I had a smoked duck place, and most everyone else
had brisket or chicken, etc.

--Joey