[yapc] Some last minute questions

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:43:47 PDT 2007

On 6/24/07, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/07, Jeremy Fluhmann <fluhmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes. The rooms themselves will have wired connections, but the open
> areas
> > (lobby, etc) have wireless.  An excerpt from the UH wireless locations
> page
> > ( http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/wireless/):
> > " UH Student Housing provides the wireless networks within public
> student
> > areas in Moody Towers, Cougar Place , Cullen Oaks, and the Quadrangle
> > (Bates, Law, Oberholtzer, Settegast, and Taub) Residence Halls."
>
> In Cullen Oaks at least they seem to require a login/password.  Do we
> have one for the conference?  I'm on a rogue wireless network right
> now.

I'll have our logins for Cullen Oaks today.  The logins for housing are
different from the logins at the University Center (along with the rest of
campus).  For campus wireless and wired, other than the housing areas, we
will use the UH Guest account.  I realize if you don't know it, chances are
high you won't get the e-mail, but in case your logging on from somewhere
else (dorms, hotel, etc) the guest account login is:
Username: UHGuest
Password:  UHGuest

I'll make sure and have it posted in the UC.  I don't believe the guest
account works in the housing areas.

Jeremy

- Perrin