[yapc] Some last minute questions

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Sat Jun 23 16:54:39 PDT 2007

On Jun 23, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Kent Cowgill wrote:

> I can definitively say - yes, bring your own cable.  Th longer the
> better, in my dorm room the ethernet jack is all the way across the
> room from the desk.

Here's my thought: I NEVER go anywhere with my laptop without the
power cord and the Ethernet cable just in case.  It's trivial to
bring a cable in whatever bag/case you have, there's no reason NOT to.

Also, a travel tip: Get a cube tap to put in your bag, for airports
where outlets are sparse.

The orange one depicted here http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/
archives/000604.html was $3.99 at the cash register at Ace Hardware.
It's been invaluable.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance