[yapc] perlsocial

Mark P Sullivan nycamel at zeroth.dyn.dhs.org
Mon Jul 2 07:22:48 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 01:34:38PM +0000, Kosmoski, Matthew wrote:
> Edgar has already posted a draft to the perl5-porters list, which appears to have gotten several replies:
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2007/06/msg125856.html
> He is currently in Europe, but has said he will monitoring that thread as he is able.

I think I'm the guy who started the town hall thread of a man page
(calling it "perlsocial" rather than the already-in-motion "perlsociety"
or "perlcommunity").

I thought the idea was original, but I see it's been around for a
little while:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2000/09/msg17846.html

I declare my ignorance of much of the institutions, but I'd be happy to
offer a (mostly) new-comer perspective and do grammar etc proof-reading.

--mark