[yapc] YAPC presentation videos

Andrew Sweger andrew at addnorya.com
Sun Nov 12 21:50:10 PST 2006

Might be the power outage at the data center.

http://log.perl.org/2006/11/power_outage_ag.html

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Hal Wigoda wrote:

> so why was this email not delivered until sunday evening?
> 2 days later.
>
> On Nov 10, 2006, at 7:18 AM, Chris Dolan wrote:
>
> > Just in time for the Chicago Hackathon, I'm releasing the first
> > YAPC::NA 2006 videos:
> >     http://media-landscape.com/yapc/
> >
> > This release is just the first 5 videos.  To lighten the load on our
> > webserver, I'm going to release a few at a time until I'm sure we're
> > not going to get swamped -- new releases will be announced via the
> > Atom feed linked from the above page.  If practical, please watch the
> > Flash videos or use the Bittorrent links because the MP4 and H.264
> > videos are quite large.
> >
> > For Chicago hackers: I'll have the videos with me on Saturday, so if
> > you want copies get them from me then.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > P.S.  If you are a Bittorrent aficionado, please consider seeding the
> > videos!  The .torrent files are conveniently bundled at:
> >    http://media-landscape.com/yapc/alltorrents.tar.gz
> > Create an empty folder, unpack that archive in it, and run:
> >    btlaunchmanycurses.py .
> >
> > --
> > Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
> > 608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703
> > vCard: http://www.chrisdolan.net/ChrisDolan.vcf
> >
> > Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software
> > (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary
> > Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)

Andrew B. Sweger   |  andrew at addnorya.com  |  The great thing about
Addnorya           |  http://addnorya.com  |  multitasking is that
P.O. Box 33147     |                       |  several things can go
Seattle, WA 98133  |  Phone: 206 219-7119  |  wrong at once.