[yapc] Networking problems

Brian McCauley nobull67 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:43:25 PDT 2006

On 26/06/06, Paul Cory <pcory at wcpss.net> wrote:
> I can get on the network just fine from MSV, but when I go the the
> Hermann Bldg for conf activities, the DHCP server sends me messages
> about my IP address already being in use ....

I notice that the DHCP leases are being handed out with a 24 bit
network prefix. Does this mean the pool is <255 leases?

If this is the case then we're probably running out.

On a related matter why are the two APs on different SSIDs? Are they
really on separate wired ethernets (i.e. separated by more than
switches)? If not then putting them on the same SSID would make
transparent roaming to the stongest signal possible.