[yapc] oreilly

Joshua McAdams josh at yapcchicago.org
Sat Jun 24 15:21:20 PDT 2006

> Ahh, I'd encourage doing so.  ORA has a catalog of course, but no
> bookstore here in the Phoenix area has anything near a recent or
> large selection of ORA titles.  Perl books at any joint probably
> number no more than a dozen.

Yeah, it's a little late for us to arrange for the publishers to send
us titles to sell this year.  May whoever wins the bid next year can
set something up.

We will have at least one copy of most of the current Perl titles
available at our Tuesday night dinner and auction, so you could flip
through a few of them there.

As far as bookstores that carry a lot of Perl books, I don't think
there are any here.  There is a Powells, but it's nothing like the
one in Portland that everyone seems to love to go to.  Anybody know
of any good tech bookstores here in town?