[yapc] YAPC video recording: first sample

Chris Dolan chris at clotho.com
Mon Jul 17 23:39:41 PDT 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Tim Maher wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 12:38:07PM -0600, Gregary Hendricks wrote:
>>>
>>> When the first ones are ready, I will announce an RSS feed on this
>>> email list.  If you subscribe to that feed, you will be able view
>>> the
>>> presentations as they are released.
>>>
>>> Chris
>
> Chris,
>
> Just for clarification, you're only going to send out the talks via
> RSS
> for which you've already obtained the speakers authorization to
> distribute,
> right?  (I'm withholding my authorization until I preview the video.)

Initially I'll only be converting the presentations where I have
authorization.  Once those are all done, I'll do the other special
cases upon speakers' request (Tim: I consider the above to be a
request).

As for release date: I've had to do more coding than expected to get
the quality I demand, so the presentations aren't ready for public
consumption anyway yet.  Such are the perils of deploying beta
software in a setting like a conference!

Chris

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software
(http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary
Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)