[yapc] [joke] What went wrong at this YAPC

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sat Jul 1 08:27:20 PDT 2006

  JC> 1 - There were security issues!
  JC> 	How on Earth did you guys let the Toronto Perl Mongers kidnap Larry?

he was a very cheap ransom. and i recall some portuguese terrorist was
involved and we are hunting him down

  JC> 2 - The entertainment sucked!
  JC> 	I mean... Uri singing?

you could have bid more to prevent that.

  JC> 3 - You made somebody's life miserable!
  JC> 	I'm talking about the next organizers, who will have trouble meeting
  JC> the standards you've just set.

there are always ways to improve things. not inviting you will help.

  JC> 4 - The schedule was badly organized!
  JC> 	I mean... so many great talks at the same time? Are you trying to make
  JC> the attendees' heads explode by making them think on what they're going
  JC> to see?

damian can make your head explode all by himself. wear more tin foil
hats next time.

  JC> And last, but not least (from my point of view, anyway):

  JC> 5 - You're going to make me poor!
  JC> 	Now that I enjoyed this damn conference so much, I'm probably gonna
  JC> come to YAPC::NA every single year, thus spending money that I could so
  JC> very well spend in very-cheap-Portuguese-beer... if I drank any...

get drunk on port (named for your silly country) instead!

  JC> Josh and Pete...

  JC> I hate you, guys :-)

i hate them too!

  JC> PS: I hope that everybody realizes this was a joke and that I loved
  JC> this YAPC :-) Best regards to all of you and I hope to see you again in
  JC> a very near future :-)

we take comments like this very seriously and will report them to the
highest authorities. guido van rossum will be paying a visit to you soon
and break your fingers in such a way that you can only type rigid python
code.

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com