[yapc] More on Power Plugs (and adaptors)

Dan Sugalski dan at sidhe.org
Thu Jun 23 08:50:53 PDT 2005

At 4:45 PM +0100 6/23/05, José Castro wrote:
>* Indy Singh (indy at indigostar.com) wrote:
>>  Most airports have shops that sell them.  Look for it at your departure
>>  airport.  Toronto Airport would be a possibility too.
>
>Airports, good idea!

Also check and see what plug you need. Most
laptop adapters I've seen have a detachable power
cord that plugs into the transformer brick, with
the national power plug on one end and on the
other's a universal two-lobed plug and socket
thing. I know Radio Shack in the US sells a
universal adapter kit for these things that has a
set of plugs on one end and that generic
two-lobed thing on the other. If that's the case
you may have a lot more options, since you may be
able to trade spare cords or plugs with someone.
--
				Dan