[yapc] batman on imax

Dan Sugalski dan at sidhe.org
Tue Jun 21 15:21:27 PDT 2005

At 5:12 PM -0400 6/21/05, David H. Adler wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:04:42PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
>>  * Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> [2005-06-20T14:00:21]
>>  > i called the paramount famous players and they are selling tix in
>>  > advance for batman on the imax. the recording gave famousplayers.biz for
>>
>>  I just thought I'd voice my thoughts that: while Batman was a good
>>  movie, I think it's too popular for us to be able to get the whole
>>  auditorium and be able to heckle it.  Also, I think SW3 should be more
>>  fun to heckle in general.
>
>This is the basis on which I'd suggest Mr. & Mrs. Smith. My current
>opinion on it is "Hm. there may be enough explosions to make up for the
>script." Hecklification would up its worthwhileatude for me.

Having seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I can say it has a significantly
negative suckatude rating, to the point where the explosions actually
get in the way, odd though that may seem. (As opposed to, say, SW3,
which desperately needed Joel and the 'bots, and may go down as the
highest-budget remake of "Manos: Hands of fate" in history...)
--
				Dan