[yapc] The campus vacinity ?

Kevin Meltzer perlguy at perlguy.com
Fri May 30 13:07:34 CDT 2003

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:26:48PM -0500, Dave Rolsky (autarch at urth.org) said something similar to:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Todd Olson wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a "Whole Foods Market" right across the street
> > from the campus.  Is that so?
>
> That would be cool.

Yes, there is. There are probably 100 places to eat within a 2 or 3
miles radius. As you will see, we are the capital of the strip malls
down here :-)

> > What sort of restaurants are the within walking distance?
> > I'm interested in something better than a burger.
>
> I'd love to know specifically about vegan-friendly restaurants in the
> area.  Basically, this means non-American/Western European food, so
> East and Southeast Asian, Indian, African, Middle Eastern, and
> Mediterranean restaurants would be of interest to me.

There are 2 really good Indian places that I frequent. One has a lunch
buffett (they are closed Mondays). We also have some Thai, Japanese,
Chinese and other places nearby. This site may help you a bit:

http://www.mycity.com/geo/usa/states/florida/metros/boca_raton/cities/boca_raton/home/

I'd be up for Indian food one of the nights! :-)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What!