[yapc] The campus vacinity ?

Prakash Kailasa pk-sofla-pm at kailasa.net
Fri May 30 12:41:51 CDT 2003

I am replying to Todd and Dave both here.

Although I am a local here I don't know the area around FAU in and out
(especially about restaurants), so my info isn't complete.

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:26:48PM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Todd Olson wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a "Whole Foods Market" right across the street
> > from the campus.  Is that so?

Re: if it is possible to walk from dorms to this store. I am not aware
of the exact location of the dorms within the campus, but based on my
guess, I'd think the store is at least 2 miles.

> That would be cool.
>
> > What sort of restaurants are the within walking distance?
> > I'm interested in something better than a burger.
>
> I'd love to know specifically about vegan-friendly restaurants in the
> area.  Basically, this means non-American/Western European food, so
> East and Southeast Asian, Indian, African, Middle Eastern, and
> Mediterranean restaurants would be of interest to me.

There are all kinds of restaurants within 5-mile radius of the campus,
but very few of them would be within walking distance. There's a
chinese bistro in the same plaza as the Whole Foods Market. There's
another restaurant (Alexander's?) there too, but I don't know what
type it is.

There are two indian restaurants and an indian fast food place (this
one is within walking distance from the campus) in the area.

I'll try to gather some more info.

> I'll be doing my own research online as well so if someone knows of
> something like CitySearch for Boca Raton, I'd love to know about it.
>
> -dave

http://www.gopbi.com/restaurants/content/restaurants/index.html

/prakash

--
|Reserve your abuse for your true friends.                             |
|             -- Larry Wall in <199712041852.KAA19364 at wall.org>        |