[yapc] YAPC field trip to a sporting event

R. Geoffrey Avery rGeoffrey at PlatypiVentures.com
Fri May 30 00:19:53 CDT 2003

On the last day of YAPC in Montreal and St. Louis I organized a baseball
BOF.  This year the closest major league baseball games
(http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/fla/schedule/fla_schedule_calendar.jsp?m=6&y=2003)
are the Florida Marlins hosting the New York Mets at 7:05pm each night
Monday - Thursday.  Then Tampa Bay arrives on Friday.

But closer to the conference, and not to be found in most places, is Jai
Alai with the fastest ball in all of sports, clocking in at up to 180
mph.  Near the Ft. Lauderdale airport is the Dania Jai Alai Fronton
(http://www.dania-jai-alai.com/).  And Wednesday is 99 cent night.  So this
year it may be changed to:

Jai Alai BOF
Wednesday
Games start at 7:15 but we can arrive earlier

- Geoff

PS.  I will arrive PHL->FLL on Sunday at 1:51pm and leave Friday at 5:55pm
if anyone wants a ride to the dorms at about these times.