[yapc] howto conference costs

Maryjane R. Eldred maryjane at castlebranch.com
Wed Jun 25 08:24:54 CDT 2003

I am also impressed with the low cost.  The hotel was super and with the
meals provided by YAPC, I literally had to pay back my employer!  It was
a great conference!  Thank you Jeff and Kevin and all those fabulous
speakers.

          Maryjane Eldred
        IT Division Manager
         Castle Branch Inc.
           P.O. Box 1699
       Wilmington, NC  28402
        phone: 910-815-3880
         fax: 910-815-3881
     maryjane at castlebranch.com

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 21:46, Dan MacNeil wrote:
> I'm still amazed at how cheap and useful the conference was.
>
> Other non profit (social action/peace/justice/housing) conferences are not
> as cheap.
>
> --$200-$400 seems typical.
>
> I'm wondering if YAPC::NA is reproducable.
>
> How was this low cost achieved?
>
> Some stuff seems obvious.
>
> 1) Travel to FL in June is less popular.
> 2) No printed handouts.
>
> Other questions are:
>
> Were speakers paid?
>
> Was the bulk of the cost covered by ActiveState or other donor?
>
> How much was it to rent the college?

Maryjane R. Eldred <maryjane at castlebranch.com>
Castle Branch Inc.