[yapc] Computers and Printing

ioannis at earthlink.net ioannis at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 01:20:16 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 02:33:55PM -0400, Kevin Meltzer wrote:
> Ok. I'll try to get that done. Also, the computer lab has a printer so
> folks should be able to.. well.. print :)

Allow me to add following, for those planing to use the printer:

1. The CS computer lab is located on the 3rd floor, near the elevator, at the Engineering
building -- very close to the dorms (a 5 minute walk).

2. When I was an Assistant Professor at FAU , 3 years ago,  they had
about 20 Solaris machines, with a 50% chance to find an empty station
during the day. Early in the morning, or late at night, should be the best times.
You need an account to use these machines .

3. Everywhere else on campus they runs Windows. Lots of PCs in the library with
Internet access, no account needed, use as many as you want.

   To be sure, you will receive the more current information
when you arrive at FAU, but that is all I can do for those who wish to plan ahead.

--

Ioannis Tambouras
Signed pgp-key on key server.

Linux or FreeBSD? It's like blonds or brunettes, I like them both.