[yapc] Lightning Talk Request -- JIT

Mark Grosberg mark at nolab.conman.org
Wed Jun 11 09:41:44 CDT 2003

On 11 Jun 2003, Luke Palmer wrote:

> You must not be following Parrot (the Perl 6 VM), which is what I
> think the message was referring to.  Parrot has a working JIT (ghod it

Actually no. I've been put in a Microsoft job due to the downturn of the
econonmy. :-(

To be honest, I haven't been following much Perl 6 stuff at all. Most of
my existing code (outside of my Clippy job) is Perl 5. This kind of brings
up a whole interesting point in migrating code to Perl 6 may also be a
good lightning talk.

> is sooo fast), and would make a nice case study for a Lightning Talk.
> If only I knew anything about it... :-)

Since my Perl stuff is all offline processing I've never had a problem
with the speed of the regular interpreter. At some point I was going to
start messing with the bytecode walkers but never even had the need.