[yapc] Tri-Rail service from Airports to Boca

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Tue Jun 10 15:11:50 CDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Tim Maher wrote:

> There's also the light rail service, "Tri-Rail", 1-800-TRI-RAIL
> (www.tri-rail.com), that operates trains from the airports
> up and down the coast, with a stop that's allegedly "right in
> front of the Doubletree hotel" (called "Boca Raton").
>
> I'll be boarding that train sometime around 7:15pm Sunday,

That's an interesting theory since the train doesn't seem to arrive at FLL
until 8:08 on Sunday evening, with the previous train being at 5:08 ;)

> at the Ft Lauderdale airport stop, heading to the Doubletree,
> for the very reasonable fee of $4.

The floridalimo service is only $15, and if other people were to come with
me, we could get 5 people (I think) in a private car for $55 total.

I considered the train, but it doesn't leave until 2 hours after I land
(on Saturday around 3 PM).

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com