[yapc] Shuttle service from airport and room availability

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Tue Jun 10 14:24:30 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Prakash Kailasa wrote:

> I happened meet my doubletree contact this weekend and asked him about
> the shuttle service. Here's what I found.
>
>     - The shuttle service is not provided by Doubletree itself, but by
>       a third party. Doubletree provides their contact number and the
>       guests would call them directly to make arrangements.
>
>     - They have this service available not only from Palm Beach, but
>       also from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami airports. PBI and FLL
>       shuttles cost $15 per person, MIA costs $25 (please double check
>       these numbers as he wasn't 100% sure about them).
>
> So, if you want to use this service, call the hotel to get the number
> of ths shuttle service and make necessary arrangements.

I just called and they recommended "Super Shuttle", but didn't have any
contact info for them.  A quick web search suggests that they really
aren't very cheap from FLL.  The floridalimo.com site mentioned previously
on the list appears to have better rates.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com