[yapc] Lightning Talks

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Jun 9 21:04:11 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:07:33PM -0400, Kevin Meltzer wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Just a reminder that you still have some time to submit a Lightning
> Talk. This year, Geoff Avery will be hosting in MJDs absence.

Kevin,

I'll try to recruit some friends to give talks, so I won't have
to do most of them by myself! 8-}  But what are "hams" for anyway! 8-}

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim(AT)timmaher.org     |
| JAWCAR ("Just Another White-Camel Award Recipient") |
| SPUG Founder & Leader       spug(AT)seattleperl.org |
| Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org     |

> Lightning talks are brief (5-minute) talks that focus on a single
> example, idea, project, or technique. Lightning talks do not attempt to
> cover all aspects of their subject matter, but rather to present one
> facet of the idea clearly and succinctly.
>
> To submit a proposal for a lightning talk, please send your proposed
> title and an abstract of up to four sentences to:
>
> mjd-yapc-lt-2003+ at plover.com
>
> Check the schedule for when LTs will be held. They are always fun to
> do, and fun to watch.. and you don't need to be a seasoned speaker to
> do one!
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> --
> [Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
> I keep looking for the "Crash after viewing X pages" settings in Netscape, but
> I just can't find it.
> 	-- me

-Tim
| Tim Maher (206) 781-UNIX  (866) DOC-PERL  (866) DOC-UNIX   |
| CEO, JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient")   |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  TeachMeUnix.Com  TeachMePerl.Com |