[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

Robin Darby robindarby at mac.com
Fri Jun 6 13:27:56 CDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 08:43  pm, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Christopher> PDF has that high overhead quotient.  Maybe having the
> time to
> Christopher> reinstall Acrobat Reader (apologies to RMS, the open
> source
> Christopher> alternatives just won't do it for me until they plug into
> my
> Christopher> browser) on my box would make a difference.  OTOH my
> current
> Christopher> acroread problems could just be a libc incompatibility.
>
> Christopher> Given the chance, I opt for elegant (some would say brute)
> Christopher> simplicity :)
>
> PDF has some necessary overhead, yes, but it is clearly the industry
> standard
> for Portable Documents.
>
> Maybe you need to upgrade to a decent OS, like MacOSX?  I've got a
> plugin that lets me view PDF in my two favorite browsers. :)

Here, here, and just to prove it, I'm off to WWDC right after YAPC
(well its one way to get your PHB to pay for your holidays :)...
PDF, HTML, raw HEX dump, all cool with me, don't really need to lug
tones of paper back to the uk.
Ow, and as I'm on a Mac rant - Is there anyone else out there using
Mac::Carbon??

Thanks
   Robin...