[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

Christopher L. Everett ceverett at ceverett.com
Thu Jun 5 15:32:13 CDT 2003

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Christopher> PDF has that high overhead quotient.  Maybe having the time to
> Christopher> reinstall Acrobat Reader (apologies to RMS, the open source
> Christopher> alternatives just won't do it for me until they plug into my
> Christopher> browser) on my box would make a difference.  OTOH my current
> Christopher> acroread problems could just be a libc incompatibility.
>
> Christopher> Given the chance, I opt for elegant (some would say brute)
> Christopher> simplicity :)
>
> PDF has some necessary overhead, yes, but it is clearly the industry standard
> for Portable Documents.
>
> Maybe you need to upgrade to a decent OS, like MacOSX?  I've got a
> plugin that lets me view PDF in my two favorite browsers. :)

<poke target="fun">Groan ... not another Mac evangelist.  Heh, I didn't
think there were any left outside of the local Fairfield, Iowa cult.</poke>

I track Debian Testing on my workstation.  OSX might be an option
when our sales hit their (projected) targets.

--
Christopher L. Everett
Chief Technology Officer