[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 5 14:43:59 CDT 2003

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher L Everett <ceverett at ceverett.com> writes:

Christopher> PDF has that high overhead quotient.  Maybe having the time to
Christopher> reinstall Acrobat Reader (apologies to RMS, the open source
Christopher> alternatives just won't do it for me until they plug into my
Christopher> browser) on my box would make a difference.  OTOH my current
Christopher> acroread problems could just be a libc incompatibility.

Christopher> Given the chance, I opt for elegant (some would say brute)
Christopher> simplicity :)

PDF has some necessary overhead, yes, but it is clearly the industry standard
for Portable Documents.

Maybe you need to upgrade to a decent OS, like MacOSX?  I've got a
plugin that lets me view PDF in my two favorite browsers. :)