[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

Kevin Meltzer perlguy at perlguy.com
Thu Jun 5 07:43:34 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:56:03PM -0500, Gordon Pedersen (gordon at visi.com) said something similar to:
> Will everything be available by Thursday the 12th?  That afternoon is my
> last chance to print prior to arrival.

Yeah. I'd probably put up what I have Monday or Tuesday.

> I would like to have the option of printing something while at the
> conference.  Will there be any printers available?  For that matter, any
> computers (I'm not lugging mine along)?

We should have use of the computer lab on campus, which does have a
printer. We are going over to the campus to make sure all is ship
shape today, so I'll double check that.

> I also prefer paper in hand when taking in interesting new material.
> But being that this conference comes at such a bargain price, I'm
> certainly willing to deal with electronic copies.

If things aren't printed, I'll probably try to get notebooks or pads
for people to write on during talks. I'm the same way. I like
electronic files, but like to scribble on something.

Cheers,
Kevin

> Gordon
>
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 06:21:37PM -0400, Kevin Meltzer wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > One of the things I have left to do is get the materials I have from
> > some speakers ready for you folks. I was going to print and bind them,

[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
I invented the cordless extension cord.
	-- Steven Wright