[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

James E Keenan jkeen at concentric.net
Wed Jun 4 17:42:09 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Meltzer" <perlguy at perlguy.com>
To: <yapc at mail.pm.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:21 PM
Subject: [yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

> Hey folks,
>
> One of the things I have left to do is get the materials I have from
> some speakers ready for you folks. I was going to print and bind them,
> but was wondering if people would be ok with me just putting what I
> have online (aside for one speaker who requested his materials not be
> in electronic format). Why you ask...
>
> a) Saves money for TPF
> b) Saves some trees

While I agree with the last point, I have to say I really treasure the
printed proceedings I have from the last 3 YAPC::NAs.  Call me old
fashioned, but I still absorb new information better in printed form.

It should be noted that YAPC::Canada (Ottawa, May) requested that
contributors submit their presentations in PDF format and then distributed
same on CD-ROMs to all attendees.  If you absolutely cannot print the
proceedings, please consider that format.  Thanks.

Jim Keenan
Brooklyn, NY