[yapc] Opinions Please on Materials

Kevin Meltzer perlguy at perlguy.com
Wed Jun 4 17:21:37 CDT 2003

Hey folks,

One of the things I have left to do is get the materials I have from
some speakers ready for you folks. I was going to print and bind them,
but was wondering if people would be ok with me just putting what I
have online (aside for one speaker who requested his materials not be
in electronic format). Why you ask...

a) Saves money for TPF
b) Saves some trees
c) We all have computers and can print what we need
d) Not all speakers sent me materials
e) It would be easier for updating materials, and adding materials.
f) One less thing for me to be stressed over :-)
g) I don't want to over or under print

I'd put what I have now, and whatever is sent to me on the website
next week so people have time to print what they need before they come,
or just download down to their laptops to bring along. Aside for one
speaker, which I will have to print his materials.

Since about everyone registered is on this list (if they read it or
not), I figure I would get the opinion of the masses. Feel free to
email me directly with a "I don't mind, I like electronic docs better",
or "Kill some trees!!"

Cheers,
Kevin

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
Disciple   - Master, why isn't everything perfect?